SUMMARY OF POSITION
The TouchdownCareer Consultant provides career coaching to TouchdownCareer program participants and increases candidates’ employability through a series of career consultation, developing resume & LinkedIn profiles with individuals and identifying suitable internship/job opportunities in US.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide one-on-one career consultation, including developing resume and LinkedIn profile with individuals, preparing candidate for interview and first week of work, as well as on the job follow up consultation to ensure individual succeed in his/her job (to win a return offer for fulltime job seeker).
- Evaluates candidate marketability and submits appropriate candidates to employers. Sets up interviews and follows up with candidates and employers after interviews. Working with delivery team, evaluates candidate potential, interview readiness and placement strategy.
- Maintains accurate and updated records and files of employer and candidate contacts, including client follow up. Obtains and evaluates all pertinent information about each candidate including qualification, area of interest and career goal.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with professional standards. Works cooperatively with co-workers and maintains collaborative relationships with partner companies and candidates. Where appropriate, demonstrates empathy through interaction with candidates.
- Bachelor degree or above in business or related field.
- Minimum two years of working experience in well-known firm of finance/accounting industry. Candidate with overseas working experience is strongly preferred. CFA/CPA certificate is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices resumes, interviewing techniques, business hiring methods and requirements.
- Knowledge of general business hiring requirements and recruitment cycles.
- One-on-one coaching experience with genuine interest in helping college students as they explore career direction and opportunities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, time management skills, organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Be able to work independently, self-motivated, high energy, outgoing and team spirited personality.