Abcam products include primary antibodies, secondary antibodies, ELISA assays, agonists/antagonists, proteins/peptides, cellular and protein functional assays, epigenetic reagents, etc. With a full understanding of Abcam product portfolio and customer research projects, the application scientist will be mainly responsible for onsite support to reach key account sales targets and to identify product opportunities in featured application areas. This position will also have a role on developing distributor capability by building a training system of products and laboratory techniques.
Essential Job Functions:
• Introduce tech knowledge together with product information to customers by onsite seminars.
• Fully understand customer research and introduce features products or effective product solutions which match customer needs best.
• Help key customers for post-sale troubleshooting to identify potential product/application issues and to provide solutions.
• Establish collaborations with domestic CROs or research organizations on new technologies/products.
• Provide tech trainings to distributors and sales team so that they can understand better the features of products and how customers may use them, in the context of product solutions for specific applications.
• Backup of scientific support for processing customer inquiries and complaints via phone calls and emails.
• Rigorous academic trainings in protein biology and >=5 years’ hands-on experiences in antibody related applications.
• Able to do trouble shooting for customers at levels of PhD or above in some of the following laboratory techniques: IHC, ChIP, ELISA, IF/ICC, flow cytometry, western blot, etc. Additional expertise in epigenetics is a plus.
• Strong capability for presentation and efficient transfer of information and knowledge to others.
• Skillful communication with customers and colleagues.
• Ability to learn new techniques and products quickly.
• Excellent reading and writing in English with good oral English
• Active and initiative work attitude for making progress relative independently.
• Willing to travel as needed.
• Field application experiences are a plus.
• Minimal master degree in life sciences required. PhD or PostDoc Preferred. Education abroad a plus.